This recipe is not only perfect for a Make Ahead but also for the holidays! It’s easy to assemble and adaptable and can be made ahead two ways (see recipe for details). I used my favorite combinations of veggies but feel free to be creative! I was excited when I found soy free veggie by Hilary’s sausage to add some extra flavor to this vegetarian casserole. I hope you enjoy!!
1. Grease an 8x8 oven safe casserole dish with oil and set aside.
2. Melt some butter or oil in a frying pan and line the pan with your hashbrowns. Season them with a dash of salt and pepper and let them get slightly brown before adding them to your 8x8 casserole dish. Wipe your frying pan of any residue.
3. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
4. Add and heat a bit of oil to your frying pan then add and lightly saute the diced green peppers, baby portabella, and green onions for 1-2 minutes. Season with a dash of salt and pepper and then add to your casserole dish on top of the hashbrowns.
5. Add your cooked and crumbled veggie sausage to your casserole dish.
6. Crack 6 eggs in a clean bowl along with the milk and ¼ teaspoon of salt and ⅛ teaspoon of pepper and whisk.
7. Add the whisked eggs to your casserole dish.
8. Sprinkle the extra sharp white cheddar cheese on top
9. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the eggs are set.
This casserole will last in the fridge for 4 days OR can be assembled and baked the next morning.
I am a music teacher, professional musician and a vegetarian. I created this site with the mission to share recipes that make life a little more organized, and enjoyable!