8-10 medium sized tomatoes quartered
1 yellow onion quartered
5 whole cloves of garlic (skins removed)
A bunch of fresh sage leaves (about 10 leaves)
1 tsp dried thyme
Salt and pepper to taste
3 TBs olive oil
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
10 oz of tortellini
Handful copped fresh Basil
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. Add tomatoes, onions, garlic, sage, thyme, salt and pepper to a large oven safe pot and drizzle with olive oil .. roast for 30-35 minutes until tomatoes release juices and the onion starts to char
3. Meanwhile Cook the tortellini according to package directions.
4. Remove the veggies from the oven and carefully add to a high speed blander and blend on high until creamy.
5. Return soup to the pot and add the shredded cheddar along with the almond milk. Heat on medium until the cheese melts and is incorporated.
6. Remove from the heat and add the cooked tortellini and chopped Basil. ENJOY!
I am a music teacher, professional musician and a vegetarian. I created this site with the mission to share recipes that make life a little more organized, and enjoyable!