I was home alone this summer, super pregnant, and looking for something simple to make for dinner. I decided to head to Trader Joes to search for inspiration when I happened upon the pizza supplies... so I decided to try to make a unique pizza for dinner. I grabbed the pre-made refrigerated pesto and the herb crust and some mozzarella cheese and headed home. I gathered some sun-dried tomatoes from the pantry and began to work on my creation. The results... the easiest most flavor-full pizza ever that I enjoyed eating outside while watching the sunset! Why am I writing about this summer evening in the dead of winter, well, because we made this pizza again last night and it was true perfection. While I admit, it is not really a make ahead recipe, it does work well for leftovers and it is really super simple to make. I hope you enjoy this pizza!
1 pizza crust (I used the garlic herb crust from Trader Joes)
1/2-3/4 cup of pesto (I used the refrigerated Genova Pesto from Trader Joes)
sun-dried tomatoes (in oil)
whole milk mozzarella cheese cut in thin slices
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees (or follow directions for the pizza crust you make/buy)
2. Lay out a large piece of parchment paper, sprinkle the pizza dough with a bit of flour and then roll the dough thin
4. Slide a pizza pan under the parchment paper for easy transfer to the oven
3. Add toppings - Pesto, sun-dried tomatoes and lastly the mozzarella (add as much or as little as you like)
4. Carefully slide the pizza/parchment off of the pan and into the oven. This is KEY for crispy crust. Make sure your parchment is oven-safe. Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges are crispy.
5. Enjoy warm OR as leftovers for lunch the next day!
I am a music teacher, professional musician and a vegetarian. I created this site with the mission to share recipes that make life a little more organized, and enjoyable!